Chris Zizza is a visionary Boston-area businessman and dedicated philanthropist. For over 30 years, Chris has been the President of C&R Flooring, an award-winning wood flooring company headquartered in Westwood, MA that is a leader in both the region and the industry. He is the founder of WFI, Wood Flooring Inspectors of New England and also serves as Chairman of the Board for the National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA).
In addition to being a loving husband and doting father of two daughters, Chris has a charitable spirit that knows no bounds. He often does much of his philanthropic work through his business, donating materials, labor and expertise to numerous projects. He also supports a number of organizations that are personally significant to him including the Catholic Charities of Boston, The Rodman Ride for Kids and The Friends of the Valley Foundation (which he co-founded.) He strongly believes that it is his station in life to use his strengths and successes to help those who are less fortunate or have fallen on hard times. In addition to donating money and services, Chris also serves on multiple boards and committees of organizations that he is passionate about.
Chris decided to launch the Make a Difference Project because he knows that despite all the negativity that’s been clouding the news over the past few years, there are so many people like him who are fighting to make the world a better place. The purpose of this project is simply to brighten our social media feeds by bringing attention to charitable organizations and individuals who promote kindness and paying it forward.
Awards and Honors
- Longevity Honor Award – Builder’s and Remodeler’s Association of Greater Boston (2011)
- Community Service Award – National Wood Flooring Association (2013)
- Ellis Island Medal of Honor – The National Ethnic Coalition of Organizations (2013)
- Chamber Member of the Year – Mount Snow Valley Chamber of Commerce (2013)
Organizations and Committees
- Catholic Charities, Boston (1988 – 1999)
- St. Jude (1996 – 1999)
- The Rodman Ride for Kids (1999 – present)
- The American Heart Association (2000 – 2003)
- The National Italian American Sports Hall of Fame (2003 – Present)
- The Room to Dream Foundation (2007 – 2011)
- Marian Catholic High School Board of Trustees (2007- 2009)
- The Friends of Deerfield Valley Foundation (2008 – present) – A Vermont Foundation founded by Chris and two others that helps local families in times of need and tragedy, as well as giving “life grants” which sponsor career paths for young kids starting out.
Missions and Efforts
- Emanuel House, Boston, MA (1996)
- Seton Manor, Boston, MA (1996)
- Saint Ann’s, Boston, MA (1996)
- Saint Matthews, Southborough, Ma (1998)
- Extreme Make Over, The Home Series, Medfield, MA (2007)
- Marian High School Scholarship Grant (2007-2012)
- Mission to Mississippi, Hurricane Katrina, Waveland Mississippi (2008)
- Project Charlie, Hurricane Irene, Wilmington, Vermont ( 2011)
- Homes for our Troops, Granby, MA (2012)
- Saint Anne’s Church, Southborough, MA (2012)
- Marian High School, School bus donation (2013)
- The Gary Sinese Foundation (2015-Present)
- The Little Bit Foundation, St Louis, Mo. (2017-Present )